President Huddleston's Healthy UNH Charge
The charge to the Healthy UNH Action Committee will be to address the
- How can we educate ourselves about health and related factors with a
particular focus on the interplay between personal health practices, the
work environment, and employee interaction with the medical care system?
- How can we encourage the best individual health practices among faculty,
dependents, students, and staff?
- UNH spends approximately $40 million on medical care each year [employee
and employer contribution]. What is the highest and best use for this investment?
For example: do we know enough about the details of how we spend that money?
Are we buying care at the best prices? Would we benefit by self-insuring?
Should we consider providing some care on campus rather than purchasing
it? How can we use information technology to enhance health care efficiency
- What are the best practices and benchmarks among all USNH campuses, other
universities, and other employers that we should try to emulate?
- How should we best prepare students as partners in their health and as
educated purchasers of medical care?
- And most importantly, how will we measure our success as the effort moves