Healthy UNH Faculty and Staff Summer Outings
Kayaking and paddle boarding are great ways to be active and have fun!
Healthy UNH and Outdoor Adventures have teamed up to offer exclusive paddleboarding, kayaking clinics and tours for faculty, staff and their guests during the summer months.
With all necessary equipment provided including lessons, it’s a deal that’s too good to pass up! Scheduled clinics include, sea kayak clinics, trips down Oyster River, a full moon tour at Mendum’s Pond and an exciting new program of Stand Up Paddleboarding. The event is open to all skill levels, with instruction included. Pre-registration is required, spots are limited and prices range from $15-25.
The dates for these specially-priced trips are:
- Monday, June 9, 5:30-9:00 PM for Oyster River Sunset Kayaking
- Thursday, June 19, 5:30-9:00PM for Kayak Skills Workshop - Rescues, strokes and more!
- Saturday, June 21, 7:00 AM-1:00 PM for Adams Point/Great Bay Sea Kayaking
- Thursday, July 10, 7:30-10:30PM for Mendums Moonlight Kayaking
- Friday, July 18, 4:00-9:00PM for Odiorne Point Sea Kayaking
- Wednesday, July 23, 5:30-9:00PM for Oyster River Sunset Kayaking
- Saturday, July 26, 7:00-10:00AM or 10:30AM-1:30PM for Mendums Pond Standup Paddleboard Tour -NEW
- Tuesday, July 29, 6:00-9:00PM for Mendums Pond Sunset Standup Paddleboard Yoga -NEW
- Friday, August 1, 6:00-9:00PM for Mendums Pond Sunset Standup Paddleboard Yoga -NEW
- Monday, August 4, 7:00-9:00PM for Mendums Pond Sunset Standup Paddleboard Tour -NEW
Find additional details and sign up here.
If you feel like venturing out on your own, Campus Rec’s Outdoor Adventures rents kayaks and canoes by the day, weekend or week throughout the summer. A Hamel Rec summer pass for faculty and staff is available. The adventure program also rents camping and hiking equipment. In addition, you can check out the upcoming Outdoor Adventure offerings here. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2-3666.
Physical activity is for everyone, and has a range of positive mental and physical effects. These are just some of the programs offered to UNH to empower individuals to live as healthy as possible, with the goal of becoming the healthiest campus community in the country by 2020.
Watch for year-round healthy opportunities at www.unh.edu/healthyunh.
- About Us
- Health Cost
- Health Measurement
- Address the Stress
- Be Aware Everywhere
- Campus Fitness Facility Schedules
- Campus Fitness Map
- Campus Walking Guide
- Healthy Eating Guide
- Healthy UNH Video & Media Library
- Using the Health Education Benefit on Campus
- USNH Benefit Resources
- Wellness Resource Guide
- Wildcat Plate
- Wildcat Workout Project
- Yoga on Campus
- Healthy UNH Faculty and Staff Summer Outings
- I am Healthy UNH!
- National Prevention Strategy
- Contact Us