Benefits of Breakfast
Making time to eat a healthy breakfast can often be put on the backburner. Work is important, but breakfast is just as important- in fact, it’s arguably the most important meal of the day!
What are the benefits of eating a healthy breakfast?
- Breakfast gives you your first boost of energy that you will carry throughout the day and help overcome feelings of groggy-ness upon first waking up.
- Breakfast can give you increased concentration and helps you retain and recall information more efficiently
- Breakfast helps you maintain a healthy body weight
- Breakfast is your first chance at providing your body with essential nutrients during the day, which can often not be accomplished in those who skip breakfast
Be sure to incorporate at least 2-3 of these healthy breakfast essentials to get the most out of your breakfast by eating foods that give you sufficient nutrients and guard against feelings of hunger during the day!
- Whole grains: Cereals and oatmeal that are low in sugar and high in fiber, whole-wheat toast or ½ of a wheat bagel
- Lean Protein: Peanut butter, hard-boiled eggs or lean meats
- Low-fat dairy: skim or low-fat milk, cottage cheese and yogurt with low amounts of sugar
- Fruits and vegetables: Fresh or frozen fruit, 100% fruit juices with no added sugar, or a smoothie packed with fruits and vegetables to get in your vegetables in the morning but still get that delicious fruity taste
Breakfast does not have to be complicated, extravagant or time consuming! Whether you have time to cook breakfast in the morning, or have to eat your breakfast on the go, there’s a healthy breakfast for everyone! Check out these healthy breakfast ideas for any type of morning you may be having!
- About Us
- Health Cost
- Health Measurement
- Address the Stress
- Be Aware Everywhere
- Campus Fitness Facility Schedules
- Campus Fitness Map
- Campus Walking Guide
- Healthy Eating Guide
- Healthy UNH Video & Media Library
- Using the Health Education Benefit on Campus
- USNH Benefit Resources
- Wellness Resource Guide
- Wildcat Plate
- Wildcat Workout Project
- Yoga on Campus
- I am Healthy UNH!
- National Prevention Strategy
- Contact Us