Workout Gear Wish-list!

December 11, 2013

Written By

Written By: 

With the holidays fast approaching everyone is starting to create their wish lists’. This year on my list is new workout gear! Whenever I get new workout clothes or equipment it can really help to motivate me and help to switch up my same old routine.

I know a lot of students find it harder to workout when they are home for vacation and the gym isn’t a 6 minute walk away. Don’t let that get in your way during this break try doing workouts at home. There are lots of great videos of workouts online, which require little room and equipment. Check out this article to find free online videos that you can try during winter break. 

One great piece of equipment that should be on everyone’s list is a yoga mat. They are portable, make in-house workouts more comfortable, and are very affordable. These will come in handy when doing yoga, Pilates, stretching, or workouts when having extra grip is helpful like push-ups and lunges. 

Kettle bells are a new workout craze, and are great for workouts in tight places. They come in a variety of weights and have a convenient handle. They are generally used for arm and leg exercises like the ones listed on Body Building.

Jump ropes are a fun and easy to use. They can provide great cardio and increase coordination. Try putting on some tunes and jump roping to the beat, jump slowly for low intensity or quick intervals for sprint-like workouts. 

Add comment

Walk Your Way Right Into A Healthier Life!
What Comes to Mind When You Hear People Say: “I’m a Vegetarian”?
Do You Have High Blood Pressure?