Get a Handle on Stress
After our first week of classes I think it is safe to say that some of us are overwhelmed by our class schedules, afraid of future homework and project loads and are already stressing for the exams that span our whole semester. Instead of making yourself crazy, engage in some of these stress reducing behaviors.
1. Get some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's: College students are notorious for staying up all night "cramming" and then waking up for class four hours later. In order to function properly, it is best to get the recommended 7 to 10 hours worth of sleep.
2. "Me" time: Allow yourself time to do things you enjoy. Pick up a book (NOT a textbook) and read, hang out with friends or even go for a walk. Anything that gives your mind a break from all the stress will be helpful.
3. Hit the gym: Exercise can be a great way to alleviate stress. Just 20 minute sessions at a time have significant mental health benefits. Try something new like yoga or zumba and even make it fun.
For more tips on how to stay stress free on campus, click here.
- About Us
- Health Cost
- Health Measurement
- Address the Stress
- Be Aware Everywhere
- Campus Fitness Facility Schedules
- Campus Fitness Map
- Campus Walking Guide
- Healthy Eating Guide
- Healthy UNH Video & Media Library
- Using the Health Education Benefit on Campus
- USNH Benefit Resources
- Wildcat Plate
- Wellness Resource Guide
- Yoga on Campus
- I am Healthy UNH!
- Contact Us