Relax with Reiki

February 23, 2011

Written By

Written By: 

Photo: Courtesy of Nutdanai Apikhomboonwaroot

We all have different techniques we use to relieve stress in our lives - working out, deep breathing, yoga…but I doubt many of you have heard of Reiki. This increasingly popular stress reduction technique is a Japanese practice that means “spiritually guided life force energy.” The idea behind the method is that there is an unseen energy that flows through our bodies. Low energy causes one to get sick or have a higher stress level where as a high energy allows one to live a happy, relaxed life. Reiki is a natural healing process that promotes peace and harmony within the mind and body.

A Reiki session is simple. A certified Reiki master performs this technique by playing their hands on certain energy points on your body - head, shoulders, hips, knees, feet…in an effort to extract the low energy from your body. This peaceful and relaxing session should leave you feeling calm and cleansed. By transforming the negative energy in your body into positive energy, your body’s internal harmony can flow freely. Reiki has been used to treat a variety of maladies and illnesses ranging from stress to a headache to cancer.

Anyone can be trained as a Reiki practitioner and as it is becoming more and more popular, sessions are being offered more. UNH Health Services offers a free Reiki session. I also recommend looking at the site for The International Center for Reiki Training for more information on Reiki, how it works, benefits, links and articles. The site also has a locator for Reiki practitioners in your area!

Comments

Hi Katrina,

I found your post using google alerts. Nice post.  I'm also do blogging, please feel free to visit me ( i put the link in the homepage field ). thanks.

I followed your link to The International Center for Reiki Training and learn more about Reiki. Thanks for sharing.

These is a good method for relax. But we need to practice more and more to be efficient. calculatoare sh

Add comment

Making the Most of Your College Experience
Find Out the Benefits of Circuit Training
What Does It Mean To Be Vegetarian