Spotlight On: Wild E. Cat

Wild E. Cat

UNH Co-Mascot
Athletics

Years Worked at UNH: 15

What does health mean to you?: Health means maintaining strong muscles and a bright smile so that I'm received well by all students, children, and fans of UNH and feared by fans of our competing universities.

What do you do to make a Healthy UNH?: I want every student and fan of UNH to do just as I do and that is to adhere to the advice of our very esteemed faculty and bright students in our health-related majors. I get plenty of sleep (never in class), eat and drink only Wildcat-approved items in the dining halls, and keep my mind sharp with lots of reading.

How do you stay fit?: At our athletic events, I work the crowd by sharing high fives, hugs and laughs. I make sure to warm up and stretch properly before all games and drink lots of water when I get a break!

Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?: I eat plenty of crunchy foods that help to make my teeth sharp if ever I come up against terriers, huskies, eagles, or black bears! In the summer, I often take a fishing vacation up to Alaska and pig out on salmon full of those Omega 3s.

How do you find motivation to stay healthy?: I want to have plenty of energy to support our teams and make sure our fans cheer hard and return for the next game.

Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?: A few years ago, my big brother Gnarlz started joining me at games and it has been great for my mental and physical health. It is good to have friends and family join you in things you love to do!

Anything else you would like to add?: GO ‘CATS!

Reasons to Eat Fruits and Vegetables Blog Post from Italy
Cat Cycles, Healthy UNH Blog Post Photo of a Cyclist
Healthy UNH Commuter Connection Blog