Spotlight On: Letarte

November 17, 2014

Tess Letarte

Kinesiology: Pedagogy

Year Started at UNH: 2010

What does health mean to you?: Health means feeling good both physically and mentally. It means taking care of your overall self by eating right, exercising, and doing things to keep you happy and stress free.

What do you do to make a Healthy UNH?: I am currently one of the captains of Sisters In Step. We are the only hip-hop and step team here on campus. Dance is a fantastic way to exercise and get moving. It is my role as captain to organize events for the team, choreograph dances, and to keep my team members engaged and motivated at practice.

How do you stay fit?: I have Sisters In Step practice twice a week for 2-3 hours each. In between those days I enjoy going for runs, lifting weights, or doing yoga.

Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?: Eating in moderation is key. It is okay to eat the occasional sweets and junk food, you just can’t over indulge when you do. Your diet should consist of the right amount of fruits, vegies, fiber, protein and vitamins for your body type and size.

How do you find motivation to stay healthy?: I know the great feeling I get when working out and how good I feel afterward. I never regret a work out when I’m done and I remind my-self of that. This motivates me to get out there and exercise.

Tags: 

Exercise Your Way to Better Mental Health
Navigate Nutrition Around Campus
Is Organic Worth the Extra Cost?