Spotlight On: Haley Goodson

Haley Goodson

College of Liberal Arts

What does health mean to you?: Health is all about loving who you are and loving your body enough to take care of it; emotionally, mentally, and physically.

What do you do to make a Healthy UNH?: When I came to the Freshman Orientation, I loved using the Wildcat (portion) Plates. I also can’t wait to start taking some of the Boot Camps offered.

How do you stay fit?: I was a gymnast all through high school. I also love to run. I am training this summer to run in my first 5k in September. I hope to one day run in the Boston Marathon.

Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?: Everything in moderation is good.

How do you find motivation to stay healthy?: I love being competitive, always pushing myself to be better, whether it be gymnastics or running.

Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?: I used to have a group of friends that were really negative. I was really depressed, and I had little to no energy to do anything. Once I stopped hanging out with them and found a more positive group of people, I had more energy and I became a friendlier, outgoing person.

Anything else you would like to add?: Being healthy is not just about being fit it’s about loving who you are, and wanting to be a better you, mind, body, and soul.

Tags: 

Healthy UNH Campus Photo Health Services
Meat Pie Blog Photo, Healthy UNH