Spotlight On: Haeley Stewart

June 7, 2013

Haeley Stewart

Former Healthy UNH Intern
Institute for Health Policy & Practice

Year Started at UNH: 2010

What does health mean to you?: Health is made up of overall wellness: physical, mental, emotional, social, environmental, etc.

What do you do to make a Healthy UNH?: I am really lucky to haved attended a college that offers so many opportunities to stay healthy. I liked to take advantage of all the school has to offer, so using the Wildcat Plates in the dining halls to make sure I was eating right, running through college woods on a nice day and taking classes at the Hamel Rec Center are all things I enjoyed doing.

How do you stay fit?: I like to be outside as much as possible and make working out fun, so playing basketball, running , hiking, kayaking and doing fun classes in the gym are all things I do to try and stay fit.

Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?: Watch portion sizes! Everything is fine in moderation, but making sure you are not overeating is key!

How do you find motivation to stay healthy?: I strive to be the best I can and treat my body right. When I eat healthy and work out, my mood is better, my skin is better, my body runs better, so that serves as my motivation.

Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?: I've lowered my weight and BMI to a healthy level; I've become way more flexible and have changed my mindset towards a healthy lifestyle as something that is fun instead of a chore.

Anything else you would like to add?: Stay positive!

Tags: 

Doctor with Patient
Beach Volleyball
Farmers Market Blog