Spotlight On: Celena Zucco

Celena Zucco

Former Student - 2014 Graduate
Recreation Management and Policy – Therapeutic Recreation Option

What does health mean to you?: Health is not just being free of sickness or disease although that does factor into it. I think of health as the overall well-being and happiness of an individual.

What do you do to make a Healthy UNH?: I make sure I am eating well each day even if I have back-to-back classes or am too stressed out. Also, I am friendly and project my positive attitude toward others to make them feel comfortable.

How do you stay fit?: I stay fit by attending the gym as frequently as possible and have occasionally taken yoga classes. Also, I participate in seasonal intramural sports such a flag tag football.

Do you have any tips for eating healthfully?: I believe that eating in portions is extremely important. It is better to have a little snack here and there rather than starve and binge eat on the weekends or for one meal.

How do you find motivation to stay healthy?: I find motivation to stay healthy through my friends who also enjoy staying fit. The group of people you surround yourself with is very important. Also, I do care about my appearance and strive to stay confident.

Have you made any tangible improvements to your physical or mental well-being by making positive changes in your life?: I have colored my hair different but that is the only physical thing. Mentally I have come to terms with my appearance and have learned to accept that I am good just the way that I am.

Anything else you would like to add?: Eating the right foods, working out and being a positive person all comes together when we talk about health. If you can manage all of this you are on the right track to living a happy, healthy life.

Tags: 

Healthy Hearts for Everyone, Healthy UNH Blog photo
Winter Workout Blog Healthy UNH
Pet_Therapy_Healthy_UNH_Blog_Photo