Grab your skates!

February 14, 2014

Written By

Written By: 

Photo:Campus Rec

This past Christmas I received a pair of ice skates as a gift.I had never been skating but I'm always up for new winter activities.When it is cold out, it's easy to want to stay inside all day watching movies on the couch.While I'll admit I love doing this from time to time, I also love to get active and stay moving.Ice skating is a relatively cheap and easy way to stay active in the winter time.It's also very fun.After falling a few times, I finally got the hang of it and was able to get a great workout in.According to Health Status, moderate skating burns about 300 calories per hour. Plus it's fun!

At UNH, Open Skate & Puck is offered at the Whittemore Center. It costs only $3 to rent skates if you don't have your own pair. They even have themed nights for special occasions such as a Valentine's night and Hawaiian night. There are open skate about five times a week; check out Campus Rec’s website for the most current schedule. Don’t forget to bring your ID, because Open Skate is only offered to UNH Students, Employees and Rec pass holders. 

Add comment

Swipe It Forward
Do You Know What You’re Signing?
 Parks Close to Campus to Explore!