Zumba- the most fun you can have at the gym!

March 8, 2013

Written By

Written By: 

Like to dance? Looking to get in shape or change up your cardio workout? Ever heard of Zumba? Zumba is an energetic dance class where participants are able to let loose and have fun!  I took a Zumba class a few days ago after a two-year hiatus of zumba-ing and I honestly forgot how much fun it was! The dance moves are relatively simple but fast paced to get your heartbeat going. Most of the music is top-40’s hits that you can sing along to if you want to make the most of the experience. It’s a one-hour class of dancing to the beat in a room of 30+ people doing the same thing. It’s one giant party led by a peppy instructor! The moves are relatively easy and repetitive so that everyone can get the hang of them. When the more difficult moves break out, I usually actually get a better workout working my abs with laughter while trying to stay with the beat. Lucky for UNH students, the Whittemore Center offers free Zumba classes every day in the Hamel Rec Center’s studio. Classes are offered Mondays 4:45-5:30pm, Tuesdays 7:45-8:30pm and 8:30-9:15pm, Wednesdays 6-6:45pm, Thursday 8-8:45pm, Fridays 3:30-4:15pm, Saturdays 12:45-1:45pm, and Sundays 5:00-6:00pm. Check out the full aerobic class schedule here. With a class every day of the week, there’s no excuse to not give Zumba a try! And don’t think the class is limited to women—the last class I took had about five guys getting their groove on! Try Zumba and you are guaranteed to have a good time. 

I love zumba! I have taken a few classes here at the gym and it is such a blast! I always thought I would not enjoy it because I am a terrible dancer, but its so much fun to do with friends. It allows you to be silly while getting an incredible workout! 

Add comment

The Importance of Healthcare in the Upcoming Election
Fall Foods that Make You Feel Good
Why UNH Should Kick Tobacco to the Curb