About the Write Within at UNH
In Write Within you will be introduced to several relaxation and journaling techniques that can help you cope with stress and enhance your overall health and wellness.
No previous writing experience needed. All writing done in the workshop will remain private, unless you would like to share.
Facilitated by Dawn D. Zitney, Wellness Educator/Counselor. Dawn is a certified Wellness and Health Coach and Journal to the Self instructor. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health & Wellness Benefits of Journaling/Expressive Writing
- Assists with staying on track and reaching lifestyle enhancement goals
- Promotes self understanding
- Makes problems more manageable
- Helps you discover the meaning of events in your life
- Provides structure, organization and meaning to your story
- Provides a different way to look at your story
- Provides clarity to help you communicate better
- Helps you stop ruminating over the “shoulds”
- Helps you learn to attach feelings and emotions to your experiences
- Is good for your health and well-being
- Increase immune system functioning (fight off colds and flu)
- Normalize sleeping and eating patterns
- Reduce stress
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduce chronic illness symptoms
- Improve memory
- Decrease feelings of anxiety, anger and depression
- This is a Safe Zone and open to all identities -
Register Now for 2017 Workshops
- Session I: Thursdays, February 9, 16, 23 and March 2 from 12 noon - 1:00 p.m. **REGISTRATION CLOSED **
- Session II: Mondays, March 20, 27, April 3 and 10 from 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at all sessions is strongly encouraged
- Bring your favorite writing utensil. All other materials will be provided (you can bring your own journal)
- Free and open to all UNH students