Nutrition Counseling and Education
Nutrition counseling appointments are available during the academic year and are available to all UNH students. Make an appointment today:
- Call (603) 862-3823
- Visit Health & Wellness room 249
About our Nutrition Education/Counseling Sessions
Our Nutrition Educator/Counselor can assist you with learning how to apply nutrition to:
- Manage a medical condition
- Improve your overall quality of life
What to expect during your appointment:
- The Nutrition Educator/Counselor will provide you with one-on-one nutrition counseling, which is tailored to meet your needs and goals
- Body measurements such as weight are typically left up to your health care provider unless otherwise agreed upon by you and the Nutrition Educator/Counselor
- Initial appointments last about 45 minutes and follow-up appointments are between 30 and 45 minutes
Common Questions UNH Students Ask the During an Appointment
- I’ve been told I have anemia. Which foods contain iron?
- My cholesterol is high. What can I do to improve it?
- Diabetes runs in my family. What can I do to lower my risk?
- How can I make better food choices in the dining halls?
- I just became a vegetarian. Am I getting enough proteins, vitamins, and minerals?
- How do I shop and cook with limited time and money?
- What should I eat to change my body composition?
- How can I maximize recovery and performance?
- What supplements are safe and effective?
- I’m worried my eating behavior is unhealthy. I wonder if I have disordered eating?
- I spend a lot of time thinking about eating, food, my weight and body image. How can I stop?
- What can I do to eat without feeling guilty?