Getting Involved with SPIN
Students educating students is based on the belief that students are more receptive and learn better from informed, educated peers. Acquiring knowledge, skills and confidence helps SPIN members enhance their own knowledge, attitudes and beliefs related to nutrition education topics.
What Students Are Saying About SPIN
- "Being a member of SPIN has made me feel connected with a variety of students and groups within the campus community while sharing my passion for nutrition."
- "Being a member of spin allowed me pass on my nutrition knowledge to many different student organizations, local communities and Greek residences around campus through hands-on programming and group demonstrations."
New members will be expected to fully participate with the group starting October 2014 and will be expected to attend weekly meetings (TIME TBD), PLUS additional duties outside of meetings, including a mandatory training. On average, particpants should expect to give a minimum of 2 hours per week to group work/participation, which must be upheld or membership will be revoked (meetings are included in this as 1 hour). If you are unable to attend weekly meetings and commit at least 2 hours/week to SPIN, please consider applying another time.
Optional Academic Credit
Peer educators can earn up to 2 credits per semester, for no more than 2 semesters, for participating as members of SPIN or Eating Concerns Mentors (ECM). More details on how to do this can be acquired during interview.
- You must apply online by Friday, September 19, 2014 at 5:00 p.m.
- Interviews and member selection will occur before the end of September
If you have questions, please contact Maria Caplan by email at Maria.Caplan@unh.edu or by calling (603) 862-3823
- About Us
- Incoming Students
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2014/2015
- Medical Services
- Complementary Health
- Fees and Eligibility
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Concern for a Friend
- Get Involved
- International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Campus Resources
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals