Health Care Reform for Young Adults
- The Affordable Care Act - Health Care Reform
- Health Care Reform for Young Adults
- Young Adults and the Affordable Care Act Facts
Health Insurance After Graduation
Spring semester is an ideal time to review your health insurance coverage. Coverage termination under a parent’s plan can be as early as your graduation day; check with your insurer to determine exactly when your coverage ends.
If you won’t have health insurance after graduation, here are some things to consider when looking for a new plan:
- Does this plan cover routine and preventive care, or only catastrophic care?
- What are the co-payment and co-insurance levels?
- Are there pre-existing condition exclusions or waiting periods?
- What is the prescription drug coverage?
- Are there annual total coverage limits?
- What is the cost?
- How long can I be covered by this plan?
For general information about insurance, visit the New Hampshire Insurance Department