Paws and Relax
Paws and Relax
Petting an animal has been shown to reduce the stress and anxiety that comes with being a college student. Paws and Relax is a pet therapy program at UNH that aims to enhance the well-being of students.
Paws and Relax Sessions with Hamilton
- Group Sessions with Hamilton
Hamilton can be requested to visit a residence hall, apartment complex, Greek house, classroom or student organizations on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Sessions mus be scheduled in advance.
- Individual Sessions - COMING JANUARY 2015
Starting in January, Hamilton can be visited for scheduled one-on-one sessions. A trained Pet Therapy Handler will also be presend during the sessions.
Hamilton (a.k.a. Hammy) is a 4 year old, 85 pound, Great Dane mix who was adopted from the Houston Humane Society as a puppy. He is owned and trained by our Nutrition Educator/Counselor, Maria Caplan.
Hamilton is a certified Canine Good Citizen (CGC), through the American Kennel Club which stresses responsible pet ownership and basic good manners for dogs and he is a certified therapy dog through the national organization Pet Partners Partners' Therapy Animal Program that trains volunteers and their pets for visiting hospitals, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, schools and other facilities.
Group sessions with Hamilton will be available Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- About Us
- Medical Care
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP)
- Ill or Injured
- Mental Health
- STI Testing & Treatment
- Women's Health
- Complementary Health Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Chronic Illness Support
- Eating Concerns
- Emotional Health
- Massage Therapy
- Sex and Gender
- Stress Management
- Yoga Classes
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Request an Educational Program
- SPIN Recipe of the Week (as seen in TNH)
- Wildcat Wellness Student Blogs on UNHTales
- Employee Clinic
- Health Withdrawals