UNH Kicks Butts
UNH Kicks Butts
Kick Butts is on March 19, 2014 and is a national day of activism that began in 1996. Over 1,000 events in schools and communities across the United States and around the world are expected to participate in this year's campaign. Kick Butts' goal is to empower youth and young adults to stand out, speak up and seize control against Big Tobacco by:
- Raising awareness of the problem of tobacco use in state and local communities;
- Encouraging youth and young adults to reject the tobacco industry's deceptive marketing and stay tobacco-free;
- Urging elected officials to take action to protect communities from tobacco.
Kick Butts at UNH
NH Soles Lost Exhibit and Memorial Wall
- Tuesday, March 18th
- 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Granite State Room, MUB
1,700 pairs of shoes representing the 1,700 lives lost to tobacco related illnesses in NH each year will be presented in a labyrinth for students, faculty, staff and the greater community to visit and walk through. Information regarding historic tobacco policy, public health initiatives, and prevention information will be included in the exhibit as well as the numbers of lives lost to tobacco.
A Memorial Wall will be available for those wishing to remember a family member or friend lost to a tobacco related illness.
S.A.F.E. Peer Educators will be available to provide information on how to quit your use of tobacco products and the resources available at UNH.
- Thursday, March 20th
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Free Quit Kits
Free Quit Kits are always available to the UNH community at our Pharmacy or by visiting a Smokeout Station. Each kit is filled with educational information and tools to help you cope with cravings.
You can also download materials from our Virtual Quit Kit.
Notice the Chalk
S.A.F.E. Peer Educators will be chalking the campus to illustrate that anyone smoking should stay at least 20 feet away from campus buildings. The chalking effort is a way to raise awareness about this campus policy and to share information about the health impact of tobacco use in our community.
UNH Smoking Cessation Services
You will be most successful in kicking your tobacco habit when you have support and utilize multiple measures rather than using only one. For example, some people use a nicotine replacement product along with meditation and counseling. The good news is, we offer many services to help you kick your tobacco habit to the curb...for good!
- E-Cigarettes (March issue of Student Health 101)
- Support through Education/Counseling
- Medical Acupuncture
- Massage Therapy* (prices start at $40)
- Guided Meditation*
- Light Therapy for the Winter Blues*
- Encouragement and support from family and friends - ALWAYS FREE AND AVAILABLE!
- Quit for Life Mobile App IOS and Android
- Zombie Smokout Mobile App
- Online Resources and Tools
- Kick Butts Day - March 19, 2014
- The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
Join the Conversation @UNHHealth and #UNHKickButts
- About Us
- Medical Services
- Education/Counseling Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2014/2015
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2013/2014
- Who Can Use Health Services and Fees
- Concern for a Friend
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Complementary Health Services
- Massage Therapy
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals