Student Employment Positions
Wellness Assistant - position filled
Wellness Assistants assist our staff with creating and implementing health and wellness programs and educational materials.
This position has been filled.
We are no longer hiring for this position. Visit the financial aid website to find open work-study opportunities at UNH.
8-10 hours a week during academic year. Schedules are flexible. Academics always come first.
We are currently seeking applicants with availability between 4-8 pm, Monday through Thursday, at our new location within the Hamel Recreation Center.
Staring hourly rate is $8.50
Assist staff with creating and implementing health and wellness programs and educational materials for the university community.
- Provide administrative support to staff of 10
- Design health education poster, flyers, display boards and PowerPoint presentations
- Represent Health Services at educational tables and programs around campus
- Collaborate with staff to create written content for Health Services web site and educational materials
- Assist staff with organizing, creating, and on occasion, presenting educational programs to students
- Conduct research using Dimond Library online databases
- Manage Health Services Resource Library
- Make deliveries around campus
- Photocopying, filing and other duties, as assigned
Successful candidates should:
- Be eligible for the Federal Work/Study Program
- Be reliable and able to work at least 8-10 hours per week (during the academic year)
- Have an interest in health and wellness issues (nutrition, sexual health, wellness, alcohol, tobacco, other drugs)
- Have experience working with Microsoft Office applications (including Excel, Word, Publisher and Access)
- Be skilled in conducting research
- Pay close attention to detail and organization
- Be professional and able to maintain confidentiality