Sexually-active people are encouraged to wear condoms to protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and unintended pregnancy.
Free condoms (male and female), dental dams, and lubrication are available at Health Services in room 249. Condoms may also be available from residence assistants. No questions asked.
When used properly, condoms are very effective. However, studies have shown that many people do NOT use them correctly.
- Wear a condom.
- Store your condoms properly (not in a hot car).
- Check the expiration date.
- Don't use two condoms at once.
- Don't use any kind of oil-based lubricants (like petroleum jellies, lotions, mineral oil, or vegetable oils). These may damage the condom and make it rip or tear.
- Don't reuse condoms.
- Don't use condoms that are torn or outdated.