Questions for Men
Questions for Men
Some thought-provoking questions for men to ask and answer.
- How did you learn to be a man? Were there different rules for boys and girls in your family? What was your father's ideal of masculinity? Femininity? Your mother's?
- Who were your early heroes and role models? What characters from books, movies, or T.V. presented you with images of men you imitated?
- What kind of ceremonies or symbolic activities marked your passage from boyhood into manhood? Who initiated you into this experience?
- How, ideally, would you initiate your son into manhood? What would you say to him about the difficulties and joys of being a man?
- What is hardest about being a man? What do you resent? What expectations and roles have informed and negatively affected your life?
- What pleasures and privileges do you enjoy as a man?
- In what ways do women have it easier? Harder?
- How competitive do you feel with other men? To feel okay about yourself do you need to be one-up, smarter, more powerful, move accomplished than the men around you?
- Are you afraid men would despise you or take advantage of you if they knew your hidden weaknesses?
- What is power? Is there a difference between strength and power?
- In what circumstances do you feel powerless? Impotent? What do you do when you can't control the situation?
- Do you empower others? How?
- Under what conditions are you most at ease sexually? One night-stands? Long-term relationships? Masturbation?
- What are the factors in your life that cause you the most stress? How do you deal with stress?
- How do you experience intimacy? Is it physically, sexually emotionally, or spiritually? Or some combination? How is intimacy different with women than with other men?
- What nurtures your soul? Do you give yourself permission to do this?
- About Us
- Flu Vaccine
- Medical Services
- Complementary Health
- Incoming Students
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP)
- Fees and Eligibility
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Concern for a Friend
- Get Involved
- International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Campus Resources
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals