All of our programs are...
- Created and presented by Wellness Educators/Counselors and trained interns and peer educators
- Designed based on the needs of the audience and include lecture, discussion, videos and/or experiential learning
- Can be presented in residence halls, sorority/fraternity houses, classrooms, staff/student trainings, conferences, workshops
Scroll down for full list of program descriptions
Sexual Health and Sexual Orientation
- Contraceptive Choices
This program leads partipants through all the available methods of contraception.
- Women's Sexual Health
This program educates students about the basics of what to expect in an annual exam, including having a pap smear and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) testing, and doing a breast self-exam.
- Men's Sexual Health
This program educates students about the importance of ment being being seen for regular exams, including STI testing and testicular self-exams.
- Safer Sex
This program gives students opportunities to learning about sexual safety, HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) prevention, sexual decision-making, and sexual self-care.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)
This program is about the basics of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), including signs and symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
Stress Management and Wellness
- Just Because Your'e Fierce and Fabulous - A Poetry Writing Workshop
This program provides students with an opportunity to learn about their own self-esteem and practice meditation and poetry writing as a way to honor what they value and unleash personal strengths. Particpants will have the opportunity to have your voice seen and heard by contributing their poetry to a public poetry/art display we are planning for the UNH community. No previous poetry writing experience needed. This program is based off the UNH Being Fierce and Fabulous women's empowerment group.
- Write Your Own Prescription for Stress
Using expressive writing and meditation techniques, students will reflect upon their stress and identify ways that they can relax and take time for themselves on a daily basis. Education regarding the Wellness Wheel/holistic health and wellness is provided.
This program introduces students to the basic concepts of meditation and how medication can be used to promote relaxation and overall wellness. Please have students come dressed comfortably, with loose fitting clothes.
- Mandalas and Coloring Therapy
Engaging in a creative process will initiate relaxation because of it meditative qualities. Research indicates that it can help a person become more focused and even suggests that it may help with cognitive functioning. By coloring and mandala making, students are taught practical stress management techniques as well as experience the power of metaphoric expression.
- Are You on the Right Cash Course?
Many college students have minimal skills in managing their money and debt. The CASH (Create a Savings Habit) program gives an excellent overview of budgeting, saving, credit card debt and money management.
This program is an interactive experience. Students learn how to do self massage on their heads, hands and feet as well as learn how to massage others. They are introduced to various techniques that enhance the massage and also learn the benefits of it. Please have students bring a pillow for a more comfortable experience.
This program will help students explore the kinds of relationships (friendships, dating, intimate partners, etc) that they want to develop and nourish in their lives.
- Spiritual Health and Its Connection to Wellness
What is your philosophy of life? What standards and ethics do you live by and how did you come to live by them? What does faith and spirituality mean to you? Self knowledge and understanding around these concepts contributes to wellness and balance in our lives. Through imagery, meditation and discussion students will have the opportunity to explore their personal beliefs. This program helps students examine the standards in which they live by, as well as learn about, and develop understanding and acceptance for others.
- Sleep Party Kit
The Sleep Party Kit includes educational material on how to get a better night's sleep and all the materials needed to have each participant create their own aromatherapy filled eye pillow.
- Coloring Party Kit
The Coloring Party Kit includes educational material on expressive arts and how an engaging and creative activity such as coloring can reduce stress and foster a state of relaxation. Kit includes pre-drawn mandalas/designs. Just add art supplies and some relaxing music.
Design Your Own Program
- Our staff is always looking to run new programs! If you have a program/topical idea in mind we can sit down with you to discuss your ideas and design a program that is tailored to your specific audience and goals. We suggest that you give us at least 2-3 weeks to make this happen. This timeframe includes time to meet with you individually.
- About Us
- Medical Care
- Incoming Students Health Information
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP)
- Ill or Injured
- Allergy Services
- Complementary Health Services
- Employee Clinic
- Men's Health
- Mental Health
- STI Testing & Treatment
- Transgender Health
- Travel Immunization Clinic
- Women's Health
- Information for International Students
- UNH Self-Care Guides
- Health Kits
- Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Chronic Illness Support
- Complementary Health Services
- Eating Concerns
- Emotional Health
- Massage Therapy
- Sex and Gender
- Stress Management
- Yoga Classes
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Peer Education
- Request an Educational Program
- Wildcat Wellness Student Blogs on UNHTales
- Employee Clinic
- Health Withdrawals