Dawn D. Zitney, M.Ed.
- Marymount College, B.A. Sociology
- School for International Training, Peace and Conflict in Northern Ireland, semester abroad
- University of New Hampshire, M.Ed. in Counseling with specialization in college health
- Center for Journal Therapy, Certified Journal to the Self facilitator
Dawn is proud to be the "f word" - feminist and believes it is important for college women to learn more about women's issues and feminism. With this in mind, she co-created and continues to co-facilitate Being Fierce and Fabulous, an empowerment group for women that provides a safe and creative place for women to explore who they are and what they value. Dawn believes helping women rediscover their core strengths and connect with others in meaningful and empathetic ways is essential to creating healthy communities.
Additionally, Dawn provides staff back-up for SHARPP's (Sexual Harassment and Rape Prevention Program) 24/7 helpline.
- 2011 recipient - UNH President's Commission on the Status of Women Stephanie Thomas Staff Award
- 2007 recipient - UNH President's Commission on the Status of GLBT Populations Pink Triangle Award for the Reel Thing Film Series