Mandated Alcohol Education - Second/Multiple Offense

Beer Bottles

Mandated Alcohol Education - Second/Multiple Offense

About the Alcohol Education Program

You have been referred to the Office of Health Education and Promotion for mandated alcohol education/counseling because you have been involved in a violation of UNH policies or were arrested for an alcohol and/or other drug infraction. 

It is considered a second, or multiple, offense because you have already participated in the UNH alcohol education/counseling process due to a previous mandate.


What You Need to Do:

Step 1: Three Individual Appointments

Students mandated for a second, or multiple, offense for alcohol will work individually with an Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Educator/Counselor for a maximum of three-50 minute sessions to complete the BASICS program (Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College Students). This is a counseling process that will allow you to assess your risks regarding your alcohol use, increase your awareness, and assist in providing strategies to reduce risks (risk associated with health, social and legal).

 You can make an appointment by:

  • Calling  (603) 862-3823
  • Visiting Health Services, room 249.

To make you appointment, you will need to provide your full name, student ID number, current address, phone number and who referred you and why. If you have been referred by the University Student Lawyer, an outside lawyer, court official or police, you must obtain and bring copies of your court agreement and police report to your first appointment.

You are responsible for keeping the appointment you schedule. Failure to attend your appointment will results in a no-show fee of $25 for each missed appointment. Please call 24 hours in advance to cancel/reschedule your appointment  (603) 862-3823.

Step 2: Paying for Your Appointments 

You are responsible for payment for this program.

  • 1st session - $60
  • 2nd and 3rd sessions - $30

The Health Services Business Office can work with your insurance company, at your request. 

Step 3: Recommendations 

Upon completion, the person who referred you to the program will be notified. You will need to sign a medical release of information if this person is from outside of UNH (including the University Student Lawyer).

 If the counselor has further recommendations for you, he/she will make them at your third or final session. You must comply with all recommendations, which could include further counseling with UNH Health Services Office of Health Education and Promotion, Counseling Center, or an outside therapist.



It is necessary to complete all education and counseling requirements determined by the Office of Health Education and Promotion staff in order to comply with your sanctions from the Office of Community Standards or the other (off-campus) referring sources.