Three Can Soup
servings: a lot!
prep time: 2 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
- 1 can (~14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (~15 oz.) beans (kidney, black, white - it's up to you)
drained and rinsed
- 1 can (~14 oz.) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. minced garlic or 1 clove garlic, minced
It doesn't matter what size cans you use as long as all three are the
- Combine all three cans in a large saucepan; add the garlic.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend with a blender wand until soup is thick but still has
good chunks of tomato and beans in it. It's up to you how
chunky or smooth you like your soup.
- Season to taste with pepper or Italian seasoning.
If you like a chunky soup, don't use a blender wand. Add tortellini or pasta before you simmer soup. Throw in any leftover veggies that you might have.