Pasta, Chickpea & Spinach Salad
prep time: 10 minutes (while pasta is cooking)
cooking time: included in prep time
- 8 oz. whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2 TBS. lemon juice (juice of 1.2 large lemon)
- 3 TBS. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (or 2 cloves, chopped finely)
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 can (~15-19 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- Fill large saucepan 3/4 full with water, and bring to boil.
- Add pasta, bring to boil again, then turn down to just bubbling
and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, mix lemon juice, olive oil and garlic in
a very large bowl to make the dressing.
- When pasta is done, drain, then throw it into the very large
bowl with the dressing.
- Add chopped spinach leaves, drained beans and feta cheese.
Toss thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve! Salad is good hot or cold.
Substitute any white bean for the chickpeas.
You can use regular spinach instead of baby leaves, but make sure to rinse it and remove the tough stems before chopping.
Any feta variety is OK (with herbs, garlic, etc.).
You can use any kind of pasta, but whole wheat is healthier.