Italian Black Bean Pasta Salad
prep time: 20 minutes (chop veggies while the pasta cooks)
cook time: included in prep time above
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) rainbow pasta
- 3 cans (~15 oz. each) black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (~15 oz.) corn, drained
- 4 radishes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- some broccoli & cauli.ower, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bottle low-fat Italian dressing
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, bring to boil again, then turn down until just bubbling
and cook for 8-10 minutes. Taste pasta - it's done when it's soft enough for your taste.
- Drain pasta & rinse with cold water.
- Mix pasta and all chopped veggies together in a big bowl.
- Add dressing and mix thoroughly.
- For best taste, refrigerate 1 hour or more before eating.
Substitute any veggies of choice (about 2 cups total).
Use whole-wheat pasta - it's healthier.