prep time: 15 minutes (chop veggies while meat browns)
cook time: 15 minutes additional
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (~15 oz.) tomatoes (any kind)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, cleaned, chopped (no need to peel)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cups beef broth (or water with bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- In a large saucepan, brown meat on medium heat. Drain fat.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Add enough broth to cover vegetables well.
- Bring to a boil, cover, then lower heat to just bubbling and
cook 15 minutes.
Use a large (28 oz.) can of tomatoes if you like a more tomato-y flavor.
Substitute any veggies of your choice, aiming for about 6 cups of chopped veggies total.
Chicken broth is better with ground turkey.