Curried Lentil Salad
prep time: 10 minutes (while lentils are cooking)
cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1/2 cup lowfat, plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chopped vegetables of your choice (see below)
- 2-3 TBS. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, or use 1 tsp. dried
- Rinse lentils in cold water; drain well.
- Put lentils in medium saucepan filled with 6 cups of water.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cook lentils covered
for 20 minutes.
- While lentils are cooking, combine spices, yogurt and vegetables
in a medium size bowl.
- Drain lentils in a colander, don't burn yourself!
- Add drained lentils to bowl with rest of ingredients and mix
- If making ahead, refrigerate. Otherwise salad will keep well at
room temperature for several hours.
You can use any vegetables you have: carrots, peppers, and/or celery are especially good.
You can purchase vegetables already prepared in the produce section of your grocery store if that's easier for you.