You can quickly make great soup out of any leftovers. It's
a great way to clean out the bits and pieces in your fridge before they turn green and moldy. Make the basic broth,
then add whatever you want, in any proportions: any
amount of anything tastes great in a home-made soup.
prep time: 5 minutes (to clean the fridge or chop any veggies)
cook time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic (or one clove garlic, chopped)
- 3 cups chicken broth (or water with Better than Bouillon)
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies (raw or leftover)
- 1/2 cup pre-cooked beans (or 1.4 cup cooked meat)
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked pasta, brown rice, or bulgur
- Put oil and garlic in a large saucepan, and cook any raw veggies
for about 5 minutes. If your veggies are already cooked,
warm them for just a minute in the hot oil and garlic to give
more depth and flavor to your soup.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add any other ingredients and warm through.