Brocolli Crusades against Cancer
Broccoli boosts levels of enzymes that rid your body of
a range of pollutants and carcinogens. Other vegetables
with similar effects are kale, cauliflower, cabbage,
Brussels sprouts, turnips and watercress.
Prep time: 25 minutes
- 4 cups broccoli heads only, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cup sliced green grapes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 TBS. sugar
- 1 TBS. vinegar (raspberry, red wine, apple cider, whatever)
- Combine and mix mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dressing mixture and mix well. Refrigerate.
If you prefer a non-mayonnaise and/or non-dairy dressing, you can try a raspberry vinaigrette or any dressing of your