What Kind of Tofu?
Tofu comes in several difierent firmnesses. Extra firm is
best for stirfries, while soft or silken is great blended
with fruit in a smoothie.
Soy-Glazed Tofu Kale Sauté
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 tsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. extra fim tofu, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 bunch kale, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 TBS. grated peeled ginger root*
- 3 garlic cloves, minced*
- 2 tsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil. Add the
tofu; cook, stirring as needed, 5-6 minutes until golden. Transfer
to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of the oil.
Add the kale in handfuls, stirring as it wilts. Add the ginger
and garlic; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce
and 1/2 cup water. Add the tofu; cook, covered until the tofu
is glazed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the sesame oil just
Add water chestnuts (drain first).
Use fresh or frozen (drained) spinach instead of kale.
*Use minced garlic and ginger already prepared in a jar.
Serve over rice.