Sausage Skillet Meal
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 small red (or blue) potatoes
- 2 links ready-cooked Italian chicken sausage (Al Fresco Italian chicken sausage is great!)
- 1 TBS. butter or olive oil
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Place in microwaveable casserole. Microwave (covered) on HIGH for 3 minutes; stir. Microwave 2 minutes more or until just tender; set aside. (Boil 10 minutes if you don't have a microwave.)
- While potatoes are cooking, slice sausage into 1/2 inch pieces. Place sausage in large nonstick skillet; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally for 8 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage from pan.
- Heat butter or oil in nonstick skillet. Add potatoes and cara-way seeds. Cook, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes or until potatoes are golden and tender.
- Return sausage to skillet; stir in cabbage. Cook, covered, for 3 minutes or until cabbage is slightly wilted. Uncover and stir for 3-4 minutes more or until cabbage is just tender yet still bright red.
Serve with fresh fruit.
Add 8-12 oz. of chicken broth after you uncover skillet if you want more liquid.
* You can of course use any kind of potatoes. Red and blue ones are just nicer because they're so colorful.