Parmesan Chicken Cutlets
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 3 TBS. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 TBS. Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 TBS. or more olive oil
- Combine egg and milk in a shallow bowl. Whisk together with
a fork. Set aside.
- Combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs in another shallow
bowl or rimmed plate. Set aside.
- Dip chicken breasts, one at a time in egg and milk mixture and
then cheese and breadcrumb mixture.
- Set chicken aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. (Be careful, hot oil
- Cook prepared chicken breasts in skillet in single layer. Reduce
heat so breadcrumb coating doesn't burn. Continue to
cook for 8-10 minutes and then flip to other side and cook for
another 8-10 minutes. Add additional oil to skillet if necessary.
- Check chicken for doneness. It's done when you can see no
hint of pink when you cut into it.
You can substitute veal for chicken to make veal parmesan.
You can top with tomato/pasta sauce and some shredded mozzarella cheese.
Great served with cooked pasta.