Noodles Thai Style
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 TBS. ketchup
- 1 TBS. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sugar (brown)
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground ginger or 1 tsp minced fresh ginger*
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1 egg
- 4 green onions, cut in 11⁄2 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced*
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts, rinsed and well drained
- 4 oz. linguine, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and ginger; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Pour beaten egg into skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally until cooked. Remove to another small bowl.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, cook green onions and garlic in the rest of the oil. Stir in ketchup mixture. Cook until heated through. Transfer to large bowl; add eggs and linguine. Toss until combined. Top with peanuts.
Use Thai rice noodles.
Add red pepper, sugar snap peas, broccoli.
Add tofu or chicken.
*You can buy minced garlic and fresh ginger paste in jars.