Italian Seafood Stew
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 can (~28 oz.) diced tomatoes with pepper & onions
- 2 cans (~15 oz. each) navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth (or water and bouillon)
- 1 TBS. dried basil or Italian seasoning
- 2 oz. uncooked small pasta
- 1 lb. any kind of white fish fillet
- 1 TBS. olive oil
- Combine tomatoes, beans, broth and basil in a large saucepan,
and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook 5 minutes, bubbling gently.
- Add fish and continue cooking until fish breaks up into small
- Drizzle olive oil into pan, stir and serve.
Use any kind of white beans in place of navy beans.
Use a handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped finely, instead of dried basil.
Add at the last minute instead of the beginning.
Add some fresh or frozen (drained) spinach for color and flavor. Kale is another good addition.
Substitute scallops or shrimp for all or part of the fish.