prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. uncooked noodles
- 1 lb. extra-lean hamburger
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jar (~24 oz) spaghetti sauce, any .avor
- 1 pkg. (~10 oz.) frozen corn
- 1 pkg. (~10 oz.) frozen peas
- 8 oz shredded or grated cheese
- some spices (see below for two options)
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, draining
them while they're slightly underdone (they'll cook more
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown the hamburger and onion.
Drain in a strainer or colander when done, to remove excess
- Add the spaghetti sauce and frozen veggies, and cook on low
heat until the vegetables are thawed and warmed through.
- Mix in the spices, then top with cheese and continue cooking
on low heat until cheese melts.
Mexican feast: Use Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, and a tsp. (or more, to taste) of cumin.
Italian feast: Use Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese, and a tsp. (or more, to taste) of Italian seasoning.