Easy Cheese Lasagna
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 1 hour, 10 minutes (requires oven)
- 1 jar (~28 oz.) spaghetti sauce (any flavor)
- 1 pkg. (~8 oz.) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 (~15 oz) container of part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups sliced or chopped vegetables (mushrooms, bell peppers,
onions, broccoli, spinach, etc.)
- 8 oz. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and spray a large pan (about
11" x 17" x 2") with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread about 1/4 of the sauce in the pan, and top with 3 lasagna
- Spread another 1/4 of the sauce over the noodles. Top with 1/2
the veggies, 1/2 the ricotta, and 1/3 of the mozzarella. Cover
with 3 more noodles.
- Repeat all the layers in step 3.
- Top with remaining 1/4 of sauce.
- Cover pan with foil. Bake in pre-heated oven one hour covered.
Remove foil, top with remaining 1/3 mozzarella, then
bake another 5 minutes to melt mozzarella.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Variations - Stove-top Version:
Substitute 8 oz. any kind of pasta for the lasagna noodles.
Cook according to package directions, then drain.
While the noodles are cooking, cook the veggies in a little olive oil, until they're slightly soft.
Combine everything - cooked pasta, veggies, spaghetti sauce and cheeses - in the biggest pan you have.
Stir over very low heat until cheese warms & melts.
It won't be as pretty as oven lasagna, but it will taste just as good.