prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb. thin spaghetti
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted in a dry skillet
- 6 TBS. soy sauce
- 5 TBS. hummus
- 3 TBS. brown sugar
- 6 TBS. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (or 2 cloves, garlic, minced)
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, in long thin pieces
- 1 cup leftover chicken, chopped in small pieces
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Mix everything else except the veggies and chicken in the
largest bowl you have.
- When sauce is thoroughly mixed, add noodles, veggies and
chicken; stir to cover everything with sauce.
- Serve hot or cold; it's good both ways.
Substitute 8 oz. extra-firm tofu, cut in small cubes, for the chicken.
Add a TBS. smooth peanut butter when you mix the sauce.
Good vegetable choices include green onions, celery, red peppers,
carrots, zucchini, etc.