Down with Zits
Wonder why we keep recommending whole wheat
over white bread? Scientists at Colorado State University found that production of the bacteria responsible
for acne increased proportionally as people ate more
refined grains (like white bread).
French Toast with cheese
prep & cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1-2 slices cheese
- some maple syrup or orange marmalade (optional)
- In a dinner plate (flat but with a little raised rim), beat the egg
and milk, and a little salt and pepper if desired.
- Soak the bread in the egg/milk mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to about medium heat.
- Lift the bread carefully out of the plate (it will break easily!)
and place both slices side by side in the skillet. Cook until
golden, turning once.
- Sandwich the cheese between the hot bread as soon as you
take the bread out of the pan. It will melt satisfyingly.
- If desired, serve with a little maple syrup or marmalade.