Brown Rice Breakfast Cereal
1 serving, with leftovers
prep time: 1 minute
cook time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 apple, washed but not peeled; chopped
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins or other dried fruits
- Put rice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, then turn
down to just bubbling and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 35 minutes.
- Put about half the rice into a bowl, and add apple, nuts, raisins,
whatever you want.
- Top with sweetener (maple syrup, honey, sugar) and milk (soy
or dairy) if desired.
Put the extra brown rice in the fridge. Then tomorrow you can
eat it cold or nuke it in the microwave quickly. Rice keeps for
up to a week in the refrigerator.
You can substitute any other fruits, nuts, or dried fruits according
to your taste.