Why You Should Join Being Fierce and Fabulous at UNH
Do any of these statement describe how you are feeling or what you are currently experiencing? If so, Being Fierce and Fabulous may be just what you need!
- I want to make friends
- I want to feel better about myself - inside and out
- I want to understand how to practice self-compassion
- I want to learn how to communicate better
- I want to enhance my relationships
- I am going through a breakup
- My family is going through a difficult transition
- I want to take time from my busy week to reflect and relax
- I want to experience new ways to take care of myself
- I am new to UNH and want to take this time to learn about myself
- I am going to graduate and want to take this opportunity to prepare for life after college
In the group, you will have the opportunity to creatively...
- Connect with other women and make friends in a safe and confidential environment
- Reflect on who you are as a unique individual
- Give volume to your voice to assert your needs and desires
- Gain confidence in who you are on the inside and outside
- Develop techniques and skills to nurture yourself
- Learn the importance of honoring your feelings and experiences
- Be who you are and have fun
- Learn how to practice self-compassion
- Rediscover your already FIERCE AND FABULOUS SELF!
About the Creators and Facilitators
DAWN D. ZITNEY
Dawn is the "f" word...a self-proclaimed feminist and proud of it. She has an interest in the ways women come to know themselves and identify with the world around them. She believes self-discovery is essential for women to uncover their personal power and live courageous lives. Dawn co-created this group to provide women at UNH a fun, inspiring and non-judgemental place to learn more about who they are and what they value. She feels honored to help others discover and affirm their already fierce and fabulous selves.
Women and women's issues have always been a part of Kathleen's work. Whether it is working with women to provide support, to assist them to come to know themselves and their potential or working with them to create change for themselves, other women and their community. Kathleen is very excited to be a co-facilitator of the group and hopes the women who join the group will learn how to care for themselves in new and different ways, value their uniqueness and come to know their power. Having the opportunity to do this work has greatly impacted her and her way of being in the world.
Award Winning Women's Group at UNH
UNH President's Commission on the Status of Women
In 2014, the group was nominated by the UNH community and received the Joyce Gibbs Award in recognition of it's longstanding contributions to providing equity for women on campus and to the mission of the UNH President's Commission on the Status of Women.
Kathleen and Dawn accepted the award on behalf of the over 100 women who have graduated from the group since 2007. They believe that the success of Being Fierce and Fabulous would not be possible without the courage and strength of the students who have participated in the program.
Registration is closed.
- 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (the group will start promptly at 12:15 but you are welcome to come and get settled in starting at noon)
- The group will meet on Fridays for 9 weeks (September 18, 25, October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and November 6, 13)
- We will meet in the Health Services Conference Rooms (on the second floor). Health Services is located across Main Street from Holloway Commons.
- Attendance at all sessions is strongly encouraged because each week builds upon the other. For your benefit, if you are unable to attend at least 8 sessions, we ask that you consider registering another semester.