The Body Project
The Body Project
4 Week Group for UNH Students
- Starts Friday, October 31st and meets for 4 weeks on October 31, November 7, 14 and 21
- 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Health Services Center Conference Rooms (2nd Floor)
- Registration is required and you MUST attend all four sessions. Group is limited to 12 participants.
- Sessions build upon one another so attendance is very important for the groups efficacy and confidentiality.
The Body Project uses discussion and activities to explore the pressures to be thin, body image in the media, and how to decrease body negativity and increase body confidence. The group is facilitated by Maria Caplan, Nutrition Educator/Counselor.
What UNH Students Have Said About The Body Project...
- "This group was fun and supportive. It gave me a safe place to talk about issues that I just couldn't talk about with my friends."
- "I have started feeling better about the way I look....it's a work in progress but this group gave me the tools to start."
A Tailored Program for UNH Groups and Classrooms
We are available to present The Body Project to your group, class, Greek house or residence hall. The program focuses on the pressures college students may endure related to body image, eating concerns and the way in which mass media perpetuate these issues. Students will learn how to challenge media ideals, fat talk statements among peer groups, increase their confidence, and overall decrease their chances of obtaining an eating disorder.
- The tailored program is offered as a 90 minute, one time program
- The Body Project is an evidence-based program that is presented nationally at college campuses
- All genders welcome
- About Us
- Medical Services
- Education/Counseling Services
- Incoming Student Information
- Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP) - Coverage 2014/2015
- Who Can Use Health Services and Fees
- Concern for a Friend
- Peer Support/Mentors
- Paws and Relax Pet Therapy Program
- Get Involved
- Complementary Health Services
- Massage Therapy
- Information for International Students
- Release of Information Form
- Employee Clinic
- Resource Library
- Health Withdrawals