10 Steps on the UNH Path
Step 1. Just checking to make sure you answered YES to at least one of the following questions. If so, please continue to Step 2. If you answered NO to all of the questions below, please go the Independent Path section. If you’re confused, contact CIEGE.
- Am I fulfilling an academic requirement?
- Am I earning UNH credit?
- Am I traveling with a Recognized Student Organization?
- Am I traveling with a UNH faculty and/or staff member?
- Am I participating on a trip that is supervised, arranged or sponsored by a UNH department or UNH faculty/staff?
Step 2. Identify the types of international experience you are considering.
Call 862-2398 to schedule an appointment with Catherine D’Auteuil, Education Abroad Advisor/Program Manager.
Step 3. Come to your Advising appointment with all the information you have gathered about the international experience and be prepared to ask questions.
Step 4. Create UNH-Via profile and favorite UNH International Experience: Internship, Volunteer, Research Abroad and start the application.
Step 5. Register your trip in the UNH International Travel Registry. Create a Traveler Profile, upload your passport information, enter emergency contact information and submit your travel details at least 3 weeks prior to departure. For more information about the International Travel Assistance and Insurance Program see here.
Step 6. Complete the mandatory International SOS eLearning course called ‘Travel Risk Awareness – Scholastic English.’ CIEGE will send you the link to register as a new user. You must complete the course at least 3 weeks prior to departure.
Step 7. Pay the international insurance fee that will be posted to your UNH student bill.
Step 8. If you need a visa, we recommend that you first check the host country’s embassy website or use a visa processing service such as Travisa.
Step 9. It is strongly recommended that you:
- Review country information and recommendations on the International SOS website
- Sign up for International SOS Email Alerts while on the website (button on right-side frame)
- Register with the US Embassy via The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
Step 10. Any questions about the international experience process should be directed to the Education Abroad Program Manager. Any questions about the UNH International Travel Registry should be directed to the International Education Program Assistant.