UNH Path

10 Steps on the UNH Path

Step 1.  Just checking to make sure you answered YES to at least one of the following questions. If so, please continue to Step 2. If you answered NO to all of the questions below, please go the Independent Path section. If you’re confused, contact CIEGE.

  • Am I fulfilling an academic requirement?
  • Am I earning UNH credit?
  • Am I traveling with a Recognized Student Organization?
  • Am I traveling with a UNH faculty and/or staff member?
  • Am I participating on a trip that is supervised, arranged or sponsored by a UNH department or UNH faculty/staff?

Step 2.  Identify the types of international experience you are considering.
Call 862-2398 to schedule an appointment with Catherine D’Auteuil, Education Abroad Advisor/Program Manager.

Step 3.  Come to your Advising appointment with all the information you have gathered about the international experience and be prepared to ask questions.

Step 4.  You are required to complete the top portion of the International Experiences Student Eligibility Form and the liability waiver, and deliver both forms to your Dean’s Office. The Dean’s Office will review and forward to CIEGE.

Step 5.  Register your trip in the UNH International Travel Registry.  Create a Traveler Profile, upload your passport information, enter emergency  contact information and submit your travel details at least 3 weeks prior to departure. For more  information about the International Travel Assistance and Insurance Program see here.

Step 6.  Complete the mandatory International SOS eLearning course called ‘Travel Risk Awareness – Scholastic English.’  CIEGE will send you the  link to register as a new user.  You must complete the course at least 3 weeks prior to departure.  

Step 7.   Pay the international insurance fee that will be posted to your UNH student bill.

Step 8.  If you need a visa, we recommend that you first check the host country’s embassy website or use a visa processing service such as  Travisa.

Step 9.  It is strongly recommended that you:

Step 10.  Any questions about the international experience process should be directed to the Education Abroad Program Manager. Any questions about the UNH International Travel Registry should be directed to the International Education Program Assistant.