If you are planning to bring family members, there are several important issues to consider:
- Please be aware that it can be very costly to support your dependents (estimate: $8,000 - $10,000 per dependent/per year).
- University Housing for families is limited.
- There is usually a waiting list for the Forest Park Apartment Complex.
- You will need to make housing arrangements prior to arrival.
- School-age children (ages 6 to 18) are required to attend school. You will need to provide their official birth certificates, school records, complete medical history and immunization records. IMPORTANT: See immunization requirements for NH Schools.
- Childcare centers (for younger children or after-school care) are expensive and usually have a waiting list. It may not be possible to find a center to take care of your child immediately.
Medical Care and Insurance: (applicable only to F-1 students, and J-1 students and visiting scholars)
- As a condition of enrollment, ALL international students in F-1 and J-1 status are required to purchase and enroll in UNH's Student Health Benefits Plan (SHBP). There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this university policy.
- H-1B employees may be eligible for health insurance coverage as a part of their benefits.