Declaring a Major in Geography
Geography is an open major. There is no waiting list, no application form, and no deadlines. Changing your major to Geography simply involves obtaining certain signatures and transferring your files. You should schedule a meeting with Blake Gumprecht, the department chair, to discuss your plans and the program requirements.
To declare a major in Geography you must complete the Change of Program process, outlined below.
Change of Program Process
If you are currently in a major or undeclared within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Sign in to MyUNHblackboard
- Select Webcat/Services and continue to Webcat
- Select Student Services & Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select Change Major/Option and follow prompts
If you are currently in a major NOT within the College of Liberal Arts…
- Obtain a paper yellow change of program form from the Registrar's Office or download one here.
- Meet with your advisor, and obtain signature and your student academic file.
- Go to your current Dean’s Office, obtain signature.
- Bring your signed form and file to our office where we will instruct you on next steps.