International Family Violence and Child Victimization Research Conference
FAMILY RESEARCH LABORATORY & CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN RESEARCH CENTER
Note: If traveling internationally to the conference (including from Canada), please be sure to contact local authorities as to identification and other travel documentation required to enter the United States. Requirements have changed regarding the need for passports from certain countries.
If arriving by air, Boston's Logan Airport (www.massport.com/logan), located one hour south of Portsmouth, offers bus and limousine transportation services to Portsmouth. Manchester Airport (www.flymanchester.com), which is northern New England's largest commercial airport, is located 35 miles west of the Seacoast or 45 minutes driving time from Portsmouth. It offers convenient non-stop and direct service from major US cities. The Portland, ME airport (www.portlandjetport.org) is approximately one-hour's drive from Portsmouth and often has convenient service from major cities.
For assistance with air travel you may contact Patty Cook, Trish Levesque, or Karin Mullin at University Travel (603) 868-5970.
Driving Directions to the Sheraton Harborside Hotel in Portsmouth:
If traveling by automobile, Interstate 95 and US Route 1 provide convenient access from the south and north, while Route 101 provides access from the west.
From Boston Logan International Airport
Follow Interstate 95 North to Exit 7 (Downtown Portsmouth). Turn right off the exit, continue for approximately ½ mile and bear right at the blinking light. The hotel entrance is on the left.
From Manchester Airport
Take Route 101 East to I-95 North to Exit 7. Turn right off the exit and proceed for approximately ½ mile. Bear right at the blinking light and the hotel entrance is approximately 50 yards on the left.
From Portland International Jetport
Follow I-95 South to Exit 7 (Downtown Portsmouth). Turn left off the exit and proceed for approximately ½ mile. Bear right at the blinking light and the hotel entrance is on the left.
A variety of transportation services to Portsmouth are available, including:
From Boston Logan International Airport
- C&J Trailways (www.ridecj.com)Stops at Park and Ride bus terminal at Pease International Tradeport (3 miles from downtown Portsmouth). (From Pease, catch the COAST* bus into downtown Portsmouth; the drop-off point is within walking distance to the Sheraton). One-way tickets are $24.00 and round-trip tickets are $43.00. For more information, call (800) 258-7111 (within the US) or (603) 430-1100.
(*See “Getting Around in Portsmouth ” for more information on the COAST bus)
- Flightline Inc (www.flightlineinc.com) 1-800-245-2525.
- From Boston Logan International Airport: ($131*, one way)
- From Manchester Airport: ($102*, one way)
- Seacoast Airport Service ( www.transportnh.com ) 1-866-431-1580. Reservations must be made 24-48 hours in advance. ( prices include a 20% gratuity and are applicable up to four people)
- From Boston Logan International Airport: ($150*, one way)
- From Manchester Airport: ($144*, one way)
- From Portland International Jetport: ($144*, one way)
- Mermaid Transportation ( www.gomermaid.com ) 1-800-696-2463. Call for reservations 3 to 4 days in advance.
- From Boston Logan International Airport: ($52*, one way)
- From Manchester Airport: ($52*, one way)
- Hampton Shuttle 1-800-225-6426. For group rates ask for Lynn. (prices include 15% gratuity)
- From Boston Logan International Airport: ($65*, one way - $135*, roundtrip)
- From Manchester Airport: ($($65*, one way - $135*, roundtrip)
- Regal Limousine (www.regallimo.com) 1-800-709-3500. Lower rates may be provided for groups of attendees. ( prices include gratuity and service for up to four people)
- From Boston Logan International Airport: ($156.78*, one way)
- From Manchester Airport: ($156.78*, one way)
- From Portland International Jetport: ($156.78*, one way)
- New Service “ Value Service Express” – Boston and Manchester for 89$ ( * limited availability)
* Some prices do not include gratuity (15%-20%) or gas charge. Prices are subject to change.