FAMIS - Facilities Steering Group
This past summer (2012), a standing steering group was formed to provide functional governance of the Enterprise Facilities Asset Management (EFM) information system, FAMIS.
EFMSG members have specific FAMIS “areas of responsibility”. This responsibility includes knowing the business process and understanding how the FAMIS application supports the process. Please don’t hesitate to contact any of the members listed below for guidance on FAMIS issues, suggestions and/or improvements.
|FAMIS Area||Responsible EFMSG Members|
The EFM Steering Group was established to:
- create a clearly visible program of enterprise information system functional governance,
- develop, propose and monitor strategies for aligning FAMIS with the central facilities service provider’s business purposes,
- ensure consistent internal application of use of FAMIS within the Facilities Division to further efficient, economical management of the physical plant and execution of facility service delivery to the campus,
- establish and administer a FAMIS change-control process to support and document the business purposes being met by approved FAMIS changes,
- fully-exploit the functionality of FAMIS to further management of the campus facility assets and the delivery of central facilities services, and,
- establish and manage a FAMIS application lifecycle.
Critical Success Factors of the EFM Steering Group:
- Associate Vice President Facilities, end-users and campus customers find increasing value in the FAMIS system.
- The performance of institutional infrastructure assets is improved through the use of FAMIS.
- Improved alignment of institutional resources with physical plant planning, construction/renovation and operation.
- Enhanced coordination and collaboration of the Facilities Information Technology Group’s (FITG) FAMIS efforts with UNH IT.