A handy tool to evaluate new vehicle lifecycle costs.
A spreadsheet tool that incorporates vehicle price, MPG and CO2 emissions to represent full life cycle and environmental costs of select vehicles. This calculator is meant to facilitate wise fiscal and environmental decision making regarding campus mobility needs. .
Vehicle Selection Team:
Ray Myatt - Fleet Manager
Mike Amicangioli - UTS (For single vehicle under $35k)
Lisa Pollard- USNH Purchasing (for multi vehicle or $35k+ purchases)
Steve Pesci- UNH Facilities (grant opportunities and Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) questions)
Before purchasing a vehicle for your department….
Let our team help you review your current utilization and needs and identify best options.
- If a new or replacement vehicles is needed - consider the benefits of alternative fuel vehicles (AFV).
- Compressed natural gas (CNG) is currently $2.04 per gal with a high speed refueling station here on campus.
- B20 runs cleaner than conventional diesel and is also available on campus.
- Electrics and hybrids produce the lowest emissions and have the highest mpg ratings.
Incorporate Zipcar into your transportation plans to cycle out low utilization fleets and control costs/mile. Departmental accounts are free.
- Consider more sustainable transport for on-campus use, such as Neighborhood Electric Vehicles and bicycles.
- For passenger sedans, UNH strives to purchase 4 cylinder vehicles which get >30 MPG combined EPA.
- Use life-cycle in evaluating your final decision.
The US Department of Energy maintains the best single source of Alternative Fuel and vehicle selection information.